Department: Client services
Reports to: Account Director
Responsible for the maintenance, development and growth of client relationships while managing all day-to-day operations associated with existing clients. This includes building solid customer relationships and acting as the point person for customer questions and concerns, overseeing all campaign delivery and optimization efforts, fulfilling client reporting requests, and reconciling invoicing inquiries.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the smooth running of an account and the production of its advertising, and ensuring that work is produced on time and within budget.
- Build strong relationships and to foster good team spirit with both clients and members of the agency team, particularly the creative department, with whom they will have almost daily contact.
- Account Managers play a pivotal role in the development of advertising and creative strategies. They are judged on their ability to contribute to the sale of great work.
- It is also key for Account Managers to develop their management skills by coaching and developing their support team, and by demonstrating an ability to effectively delegate both up and down.
- As the Account Manager moves towards promotion to Account Director, he/she will need to show leadership and drive in thinking of innovative solutions to business/strategic problems and in merchandising the agency’s services (particularly Brand Stewardship).
- Is ultimately responsible for ensuring work is produced on time and within budget.
- Assists other departments with forward planning on future projects.
- Has a thorough understanding of the client’s business and the major factors/trends shaping their market(s).
- Effectively represent Cerebra products to the client and educate them as to its applicability to their business (PR, social media, creative etc)
- Is the client’s first port of call for all administrative issues.
- Is the agency team’s first port of call for all questions relating to client issues.
- Builds relationships with clients based on trust and mutual understanding.
- Tries to foresee any client issues/questions or internal resourcing issues before they arise.
- Is responsible for setting the creative context of the business: knowing what type of advertising the Brand needs, understanding what the client thinks he/she wants, if these differ.
- Is the Rich media department’s contact on a day-to-day basis.
- Has the ability to judge and sell creative work.
- Has the ability to conjugate great brief.
- Is responsible for overcoming any difficulties in getting creative work out on time.
- Contributes to the good financial management of the business, improving profitability wherever possible.
- Ensures that timesheets are always up to date
- Ensures that the agency responds to any financial queries within 48 hours.
- Prepare cost estimates and complete production orders as needed and distribute to traffic and creative teams.
- Is responsible for overseeing the production of all campaigns produced.
- Establish internal project deadlines and coordinate with traffic and creative to ensure that projects are of highest quality and completed on time.
- Has a good understanding of the principles of qualitative/quantitative research.
- Forms a strong and enduring relationship with Insights and strategy team on the business. Has a deep understanding of consumer motivation and behaviour patterns in the marketplace
- Creates the best possible environment in which to produce the best possible work. Effectively manages and coaches the more junior members of the Account Management team eg AE’s sensitively, positively and pro-actively.
- Delegates effectively and appropriately – upwards to the Account Director, as well as downwards, and to other departments.
- Involves the General Manager appropriately on all relevant issues: status of business, brand health, creative projects, timings, etc.
- Previous digital experience is imperative
- Strategically minded
- Well organised and detail-oriented team player with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively, to take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Display high energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in the social media space
- Display honesty and professionalism
- Good diagnosis and listening skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong computer skills
Before you think of applying for this job, you need to demonstrate the following characteristics or traits. We interview for these, so don’t take them lightly!
- You’re fun. We believe fun is an imperative part of what makes work at Cerebra worthwhile. We work hard and we play hard.
- You have courage. We are doing work at Cerebra that will change the way companies do business forever. Blazing a new trail requires bravery and boldness.
- You’re loyal. Not necessarily to the leadership of Cerebra, but to the best interests of the company and your colleagues in light of our mission to be Africa’s social business authority.
- You’re a teacher. You inspire learning and growth in the lives of people around you. Cerebra is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on more give than take.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait for life to happen to you, or things to fall in your lap. You go after the things you want. Looking for opportunities to add value outside of your defined scope of responsibility and influence is what makes great Cerebrans, great Cerebrans.
- You’re not kak. Cerebra believes in a healthy, happy, and constructive workplace. It’s a strictly no chop zone.