We’re looking for awesome writers who can think conceptually to work across a range of really cool clients.
- Write and think beautifully in such a way as to appeal to the people most likely to buy the product, and submit copy for approval.
- Write across various social media platforms and blogs (long and short form).
- Producing high quality content for our internal campaigns and client campaigns that is on-message and on-strategy.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts – assist in brainstorming and conceptualise forward thinking, cross-platform design/advertising ideas.
- Editing, proof reading and rewriting of copy as per client requirements.
- Tertiary qualification in related field (e.g. communications, PR, copywriting, journalism) essential.
- 2-4 years experience.
- Must have an extremely good eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- South African citizen.
- Agency experience would be an advantage.
- A great conceptual thinker.
- Outstanding skills in English copy editing, proofreading and copy-writing.
- Understanding of social media marketing and content creation (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, other) is beneficial.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to function well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Versatility and adaptability.
- Knowledge of and ability to keep abreast of new developments within the social media, Creative and passionate about social media.
- Awards would be nice too.
Before you think of applying for this job, you need to demonstrate the following characteristics or traits. We interview for these, so don’t take them lightly!
- You’re fun. We believe fun is an imperative part of what makes work at Cerebra worthwhile. We work hard and we play hard.
- You have courage. We are doing work at Cerebra that will change the way companies do business forever. Blazing a new trail requires bravery and boldness.
- You’re loyal. Not necessarily to the leadership of Cerebra, but to the best interests of the company and your colleagues in light of our mission to be Africa’s social business authority.
- You’re a teacher. You inspire learning and growth in the lives of people around you. Cerebra is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on more give than take.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait for life to happen to you, or things to fall in your lap. You go after the things you want. Looking for opportunities to add value outside of your defined scope of responsibility and influence is what makes great Cerebrans, great Cerebrans.
- You’re not kak. Cerebra believes in a healthy, happy, and constructive workplace. It’s a strictly no chop zone.
Apply using the application form below. Should you not receive a response in one month, you may consider your application unsuccessful.