Motion Graphic Designer
Department: Rich Media
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use video and animation to give the impression of action through changing images for all social media platforms
- Use video and photography equipment to capture images or audio devices for multimedia projects.
- Identify and research the best techniques for all multimedia
- Understand and apply client CI and design principles to all multimedia
- Ability to create your own design elements for multimedia projects
- Understand your role within each stage of the creative process
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Input into brainstorms and ideation
- Music selection and responsible for music library
- Sound design, recording and effects
- Backing up of files
- Monitoring and good maintenance of all Cerebra video & photography equipment
- Ensuring that your job scope is always within time, budget and brief
- Keeping Cerebra stakeholders abreast of how your role can enhance content creation
2 – 4 years
A diploma/degree in film, television, photography,illustration, 3D graphic design, multimedia or fine arts.
- A great conceptual thinker
- Attention to detail
- A knack for storytelling
- Artistic talent
- Understanding of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, other) is beneficial.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to function well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Versatility and adaptability.
- Knowledge of and ability to keep abreast of new developments within the social media, Creative and passionate about social media
Personal skills / attributes
Before you think of applying for this job, you need to demonstrate the following characteristics or traits. We interview for these, so don’t take them lightly!
- You’re fun. We believe fun is an imperative part of what makes work at Cerebra worthwhile. We work hard and we play hard.
- You have courage. We are doing work at Cerebra that will change the way companies do business forever. Blazing a new trail requires bravery and boldness.
- You’re loyal. Not necessarily to the leadership of Cerebra, but to the best interests of the company and your colleagues in light of our mission to be Africa’s social business authority.
- You’re a teacher. You inspire learning and growth in the lives of people around you. Cerebra is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on more give than take.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait for life to happen to you, or things to fall in your lap. You go after the things you want. Looking for opportunities to add value outside of your defined scope of responsibility and influence is what makes great Cerebrans, great Cerebrans.
- You’re not kak. Cerebra believes in a healthy, happy, and constructive workplace. It’s a strictly no chop zone.