Proofreader/ QA Specialist
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Description: Read copy, transcripts and check to make sure there are no spelling, grammatical or typographical errors.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Proofreading on all various account elements.
- Reviews material for grammatical errors and style consistency.
- Ensures that prices, copy and terms and conditions are correct and match the specifics of the brief.
- Must be able to apply account CI to ensure compliancy of all iconology, copy and layouts.
- Maintains a meticulous and timeous approach to all elements of proofreading to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Maintains a consistent high standard of work.
- Must liaise closely with the creative, traffic and client service teams.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an advertising or editorial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or a related field, as well as impeccable spelling, grammar and knowledge of style.
- Teamwork: You will work with a team of creatives, client service and traffic.
- A high level of concentration and accuracy
- Attention to detail: You need to make sure every comma is in place and every word is spelled correctly.
- A good standard of English – Spelling/Grammar: you need to have a mastery of the written word. You need to understand how a sentence is read, and how a sentence is spoken. Proficiency in language and writing style is crucial.
- Work well under pressure.
- The ability to cope with repetitive tasks.
- Good judgement, to gauge which changes are necessary.
Before you think of applying for this job, you need to demonstrate the following characteristics or traits. We interview for these, so don’t take them lightly!
- You’re fun. We believe fun is an imperative part of what makes work at Cerebra worthwhile. We work hard and we play hard.
- You have courage. We are doing work at Cerebra that will change the way companies do business forever. Blazing a new trail requires bravery and boldness.
- You’re loyal. Not necessarily to the leadership of Cerebra, but to the best interests of the company and your colleagues in light of our mission to be Africa’s social business authority.
- You’re a teacher. You inspire learning and growth in the lives of people around you. Cerebra is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on more give than take.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait for life to happen to you, or things to fall in your lap. You go after the things you want. Looking for opportunities to add value outside of your defined scope of responsibility and influence is what makes great Cerebrans, great Cerebrans.
- You’re not kak. Cerebra believes in a healthy, happy, and constructive workplace. It’s a strictly no chop zone.