Video Content Producer
The Video Content Producer is responsible for the production and editing of videos as per briefs provided by the various clients, and is responsible for the production of internal videos, as per Cerebra’s requirements.
- Research and keep up to date with video best practice and trends, both from local and international agencies.
- Continuous innovation and experimentation with regards to video production.
- Execution and directing assistance on video production for all retainer and campaign work.
- Oversee and assist with freelance briefs for photographers, production houses and animators.
- Responsible for all quality control of photography leaving the agency.
- Responsible for all internal voice recordings’ production and quality control.
- Set up mentorship sessions and opportunities to job shadow experts at production houses. Continuous up skilling through tutorials, and mentorship sessions.
- Actively ensure growth and learning path is in line with that of the Executive Creative Director.
- Key contributor, in conjunction with Senior Content Manager and Mid-level Graphic Designer, to Content Production discipline within the agency.
- Provide assistance to the Executive Creative Director and Art Director for photography and video content production.
- Continuouly mentor and upskill the junior Animator.
- Keep abreast of all equipment requirements and new software developments (Lightroom, After Effects, Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- At least 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- A qualification in videography, editing and/or animation
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Suite.
- A solid working knowledge of Adobe After Effects is an advantage.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, video equipment, personal computers, and techniques used in video production and the video-editing field.
- Ability to visualise and interpret production scripts and other verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain video editing systems and related equipment.
- Ability to combine a creative eye with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Organised and thorough.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to give creative input and direction.
- Knowledge of technical elements of video – i.e. formats, codecs, delivery options, uploads, compression, web platforms (YouTube etc.).
- Have excellent creative problem solving ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn all aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of online video and social media is an advantage.
Personal skills / attributes
Before you think of applying for this job, you need to demonstrate the following characteristics or traits. We interview for these, so don’t take them lightly!
- You’re fun. We believe fun is an imperative part of what makes work at Cerebra worthwhile. We work hard and we play hard.
- You have courage. We are doing work at Cerebra that will change the way companies do business forever. Blazing a new trail requires bravery and boldness.
- You’re loyal. Not necessarily to the leadership of Cerebra, but to the best interests of the company and your colleagues in light of our mission to be Africa’s social business authority.
- You’re a teacher. You inspire learning and growth in the lives of people around you. Cerebra is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on more give than take.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait for life to happen to you, or things to fall in your lap. You go after the things you want. Looking for opportunities to add value outside of your defined scope of responsibility and influence is what makes great Cerebrans, great Cerebrans.
- You’re not kak. Cerebra believes in a healthy, happy, and constructive workplace. It’s a strictly no chop zone.